Elderberry and Rosemary Cheddar Scones
|2||Cup||Flour, All Purpose|
|2 1/2||Tsp||Baking Powder|
|1/2||Cup||Butter, frozen and grated||*Use box grater or food processor|
|3||Tsp Elderberry Balsamic Vinegar||*Olive Morada|
|1/2||Cup||Heavy Cream||*More for adjusting and brushing|
|3/4||Cup||Cheddar Cheese, Grated|
|1||Tsp||Rosemary, fresh chopped fine|
- Preheat oven 400*
- Whisk together flour, sugar, salt and baking powder into a large bowl.
- Add frozen butter to the dry mix and use fingers or 2 forks to cut in butter to form small crumbles. Place in the fridge while mixing wet ingredients.
- In a small bowl whisk egg, Elderberry balsamic vinegar and heavy cream.
- Slowly pour wet ingredients over dry ingredients and mix until moistened, if it appears to dry add more cream.
- Working on a cool floured surface work scone dough into a ball and flatten into an 8” disk, cut into 8 equal triangles and place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Brush with heavy cream and bake for 15 minutes.