Blood Orange and Saffron Ice Cream
|2 ½||cups||Heavy cream|
|1 1/2||cups||Whole milk|
Olive Morada Blood orange infused olive oil
1. Heat heavy cream, whole milk, vanilla extract, saffron threads and sugar in saucepan over medium heat, bring to a simmer.
2. Whisk yolks in a medium bowl. Slowly whisk in 1 cup of the cream mixture into the egg yolks to temper the eggs.
3. Add tempered egg mixture into the saucepan and stir over low heat until custard thickens. .
4. Strain the custard through a sieve into a bowl and chill for at least 6 hours.
5. Process chilled custard in ice cream maker for 25 minutes. During the last 5 minutes of churning add the blood orange infused olive oil.
6. Freeze for another 12 hours.
7. Scoop and enjoy!
Special thank you to Chef Jenn Martello for photos and recipe!