Spicy Mexican Shrimp Cocktail
- Wild Shrimp Cocktail loaded with avocado and wild shrimp will be a hit Ingredients:
1 pound peeled and deveined raw medium shrimp
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (from 2 lemons)
1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice (from 2 to 3 limes)
2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
1 medium jalapeño, seeded and finely chopped (about 3 tablespoons)
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves and tender stems
1/2 teaspoon Salt Sister Dragon's Breath Seasoning
1 medium avocado
- 3 Tablespoons of Olive Morada Green Chili Olive Oil (or to taste with drizzle).
- Tortilla chips, for serving (optional)
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Turn off the heat, add the shrimp, and poach until the shrimp are opaque and just cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes. Drain the shrimp and set aside until cool enough to handle, about 10 minutes.
- Add the shrimp in a large bowl. Add the lemon juice, lime juice, tomatoes, red onion, jalapeño, cilantro, and salt, and toss to combine. Drizzle with Olive Morada Green Chili Olive Oil, toss. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or up to 4 hours
- Just before serving, dice the avocado, toss lightly.Serve with tortilla chips if desired.
Photo courtesy of Chef Rachel Bradley at Veronica Foods